BOARD of directors
CL2 – CE RMO, Inc.
Meeting Report – September 13, 2022
The Cedar Landing 2 – Creek Estates Road Maintenance Organization (RMO) Board of Directors convened at 507 Bishop Drive on Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 6:30 pm.
President Cynthia Kunz convened the meeting.
The report of the August 2, 2022 meeting was accepted.
- Road Maintenance
- BLI Work
- Washout at 709 Cedar Court was repaired
- Members discussed the perception that smaller, lighter equipment, with less expert workers, was being used to grade gravel roads and that the grading was not lasting as long. [Note: Kunz subsequently discussed this perception with Mr. Hanchey who noted that the smaller equipment permitted the operator to apply greater pressure than the motor grader can and that use of this equipment costs half of the charge for the motor grader, enabling the roads to be graded twice per quarter.]
- Other Road Work
- Traffic Counter
- Jeff Conerly concluded that the problem with the counter was the pressure hose, which was replaced; hose lifespan ~18 months
- Member ‘listening session’ – late October
- Last year’s sessions with members invited to talk about the roads and their priorities were successful in identifying needed repairs and in recruiting new board members
- Invitees will include:
- Donnie Long
- Barry Ritter
- Pending the end of Hurricane Season – Two possible projects added
- Upgrading to NCDOT spec the remaining speed bumps on Cedar Avenue
- Ponding at 603 and 605 Park
- Sinking of Bishop Drive
- Filling sunken area on the west side of Landing Drive before Driftwood
- Replacement of tile at Cedar Avenue and Pine Ridge Drive
- Repair of Cedar Avenue at the end of the asphalt
- Gravel for Mystic Court
- Financial Operations
Treasurer Ann Donnelly reported a current bank balance of $18,955.00
The completion of the 2021 audit is pending.
III. Member/RMO Issues
- 401 Creek Drive – Blockage of drainage pipe – BLI quoted a cost of ~$400 to remove blockage; Rob Schneider suggested that he talk to the tenant, Mr. Feathers, and offer to help him remove the blockage. [Note: Schneider reported that Mr. Feathers agreed to remove the blockage but has not done so.]
- Community Grill – Members discussed plans for the quarterly membership meeting and community grill on October 1, 2022. [Note: Grill was subsequently re-scheduled for October 8, 2022 due to Tropical Storm Ian.]
- Landing Court boat launch site signage – ordered; letter will be sent to owners prior to posting of signage
- Adjournment and Next Meeting
The next meeting will be held on October 4, 2022 at 507 Bishop Drive at 6:30.
Motion Made and Seconded: To adjourn [Motion Passed].
|Board of Directors|
|Yes||Cynthia Kunz||President and Secretaryemail@example.com|
|Yes||Greg Fogle||Community Activities||704.756.0338
|No||Steve Hanchey||Contractor Liaisonfirstname.lastname@example.org