Thanks to all who made the neighborhood’s first ever community grill on November 10, 2018 such a success. Some 45+ CL2-CE neighbors arrived with chairs, meats to grill, and a remarkable array of dishes and desserts to share. Many came knowing only one or two others, but that wasn’t the case for long. Conversation was interrupted only by new conversation and trips to the food tables for seconds and thirds. Everyone left with many new acquaintances, an expanded sense of community, and the knowledge that some wonderful people live here.
Enjoy photos from the event below.
Special thanks go to:
- Greg Fogle for coming up with the idea and organizing the event
- Jeff and Sue Conerly for help at the greeting and nametag table
- Ron Hopper and Mike Kane for their grillmeister skills and some fine music
- Marion Shade and Roy and Wendy Wells for delivering tables
- Donnie Autry for all of the paper products and set up help
- Mike Donnelly and Lauren Kolodij for clean up help and trash disposal
- Cynthia Kunz for offering up her carport and backyard
It was an afternoon for celebrating our community, but we did offer an update on the roads and debris pickup.
There were many calls to do this again, and we will! There were also many requests for recipes – especially for the crock pot mac and cheese, bean salad, potato and egg salad, the vanilla cake, and the strawberry dessert… and many more. In fact, there were so many requests that we’d like to explore the idea of a CL2-CE community cookbook. If you wouldn’t mind sharing the recipe for what you brought, or would like to work on the cookbook, let us know at ‘Contact the RMO.’
Finally, if you brought the creamed peas, your baking dish was left behind. Call Cynthia (910.541.2433) to arrange for pickup.
Please note that no RMO funds were used for this event. Everything was contributed by our generous neighbors.