BOARD of directors
CL2 – CE RMO, Inc.
Meeting Report – July 12, 2022
The Cedar Landing 2 – Creek Estates Road Maintenance Organization (RMO) Board of Directors convened at 507 Bishop Drive on Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 6:30 pm.
President Cynthia Kunz convened the meeting.
The report of the June 7, 2022 meeting was accepted.
- Road Maintenance
- BLI Work
- Gravel roads were graded prior to the Fourth of July holiday
- Asphalt potholes on Cedar Avenue will be filled shortly
- Other Road Work
- Pending the end of Hurricane Season
- Upgrading to NCDOT spec the remaining speed bumps on Cedar Avenue
- Ponding at 603 and 605 Park
- Sinking of Bishop Drive
- Filling sunken area on the west side of Landing Drive before Driftwood
- Replacement of tile at Cedar Avenue and Pine Ridge Drive
- Financial Operations
Treasurer Ann Donnelly reported a current bank balance of $20,730.00.
The completion of the 2021 audit is pending.
III. Member/RMO Issues
- 401 Creek Drive – Blockage of drainage pipe – Letter sent to owner, Williams Family Trust (no reply); left message for Hiram Williams (no reply)
- Eight letters sent to owners with large debris piles in drainage ditches – most have since burned
- Landing Court boat launch site signage – ordered
- Kunz met with Town of Surf City Manager, Kyle Breuer to discuss the annexation and development of the Sullivan property abutting Cedar Avenue. He was well acquainted with our situation, having served as the planner for Pender County when Jeff Conerly was researching options for road maintenance. He noted that there is no development plan for the Sullivan property yet and explained how to track any actions on the property. Planning staff, Amy Kimes, noted that it was likely that property would connect with new roads proposed for the east side of the property connecting other developments and the commercial properties on fun Center Drive. She speculated that the Sullivan-owned property, the bump on the west side of Cedar Avenue, would be needed for drainage to Becky’s Creek. In a general discussion of help for maintenance of Cedar Avenue, Mr. Breuer noted that no direct assistance could be provided to us but that it was possible that when the town was purchasing crushed concrete or asphalt, we could add our purchase to theirs and presumably see cost savings.
- Adjournment and Next Meeting
The next meeting will be held on August 2, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. at 507 Bishop Drive.
Motion Made and Seconded: To adjourn [Motion Passed].
|Board of Directors|
|Yes||Cynthia Kunz||President and Secretaryemail@example.com|
|No||Greg Fogle||Community Activities||704.756.0338
|Yes||Steve Hanchey||Contractor Liaisonfirstname.lastname@example.org